Monday, July 25, 2011

Here I go....

Here I go.... I'm spending the night at the Hyatt Place hotel near the Charlotte, NC airport.  My flight leaves at 7 am tomorrow!  So I didn't want to make any of my family and friends get up super early to drive me 30+ minutes to the airport.  I've had to quickly research baggage and carry on restrictions as I haven't flown in a while.  Most airlines have the same charges - $25 for the first bag, $35 for the second bag and a 50 lb weight limit on each.  I'm hoping my bags are not overweight, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they are.  I'll report on that later.  Delta has a restriction on fluids for checked bags which I thought was interesting.  You can't check anything that is more than 16 oz each and no more than 70 oz total.

So, 5 AM shuttle to the airport, 7 AM flight to Cincinnati and then a connecting flight to San Francisco.  I'll be there at 1:30 pm California time, which is 3 hours behind EST.  Grabbing a rental car at the airport and then have to find my way to the extended stay hotel in Oakland.  The company has assured me that it's 9 1/2 miles from the hospital.  I don't have to start work until Thursday morning, so I've got some time to settle in and find my way around.  Stay tuned!

Boring alert: For those of you who are interested, here is some information I found out about Extended stay hotels, never having stayed at one before.  The biggest question was about housekeeping.  Apparently they offer a weekly cleaning and refreshing of supplies when you book for longer than 7 days.  As for the rest I copied this from a web site:

Extended Stay Hotels is committed to ensuring a clean room at a reasonable price. Services are scheduled based on the number of nights reserved; e.g., 1-6 nights, towel exchange is available at the Front Desk; 7+ nights, one Full Service provided each 7 days. 
Full Service: (provided each 7 days) includes dusting, vacuuming, changing linens and towels, emptying trash, cleaning of bathroom and kitchen, and replenishing soap and toilet paper if needed. Additional Full Service may be scheduled as needed and purchased for $10/service.* 
Refresh Service: (optional service) includes replacing soiled towels, emptying trash, replenishing soap and toilet paper if needed, and making bed with existing linens. Refresh Service may be scheduled as needed and purchased for $5/service.* 
Daily Refresh: (optional service) includes the same housekeeping services as our Refresh Service but is provided daily. This service can be added at check-in for an additional $3/day.
* * Dishes are not washed during any housekeeping service.

No comments:

Post a Comment